As President Muhammadu Buhari gets prepared to be sworn-in for a second term in office today, May 29, 2019, we have taken a quick recap at some of the achievements of his administration within the last four years.
President Muhammadu Buhari will be sworn-in today in a low-key event while the elaborate event will be taking place on June 12 which he declared as the new Democracy Day in honor of MKO Abiola.
Below, are the key achievements of his last administration;
1) The anti-corruption drive of Mr. President put to a halt the exogenous leakages in the Agricultural sector to encourage, empower, and enhance the locally made farm produce thereby increasing our internally generated revenue (IGR) index and foreign exchange capacity and reserve to over $45 Billion in cash and bonds.
2) President Buhari initiated the Home Grown Feeding Programme which is designed to put an end to importation and market monopoly of farm produce that can be grown here in our country which is a pilot vehicle to sustainable economic, agricultural, academic and job creation across the length and breadth of our nation.
3) Under President Buhari, the Standing Inter-Ministerial Technical Committee on Zero-Reject of Agricultural Commodities and Produce / Non-oil Exports in Nigeria was inaugurated.
4) Under the Buhari-led administration, Nigeria has benefitted from 13.1billion Euros honeybee project.
5) Under President Buhari, Standards and Quality Control measures have been developed in.
6) Under President Muhammadu Buhari administration at the end of 2016, agricultural goods as share of total trade got N212.73bn and 4.02 per cent and Agricultural goods exports were 2.7 per cent higher in Q4 2016 than Q3 2016.
7) Under President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016, cashew nuts in shell contributed N0.95billion to Agricultural product exports with the Buhari-led administration.
8) Crude palm kernel accounted for N0.62 billion of the total Agricultural exports under the President Buhari administration in the fourth quarter of 2016.
9) Under the President Muhammadu Buhari administration, the agricultural universities coordinating agency is being revitalized as stipulated in the enabling Act which will work closely with the Nigerian University Commission and development partners to re-focus the universities of agriculture in the country.