In recent years, many words have found their way into the dictionary. Words like “podcast, search engine, internet of things, Google, and most recently, Google Adsense.
Starting from mid 2008, google provided results for over 235 million searches daily. With this huge source of traffic, that has improved greatly ever since, there are no many ways, which publishers have sort to monetize this traffic.
Google Adsense, to date remains one of the best ways in which publishers are using to monetize contents on their websites and other online platforms. When Google first developed its Adsense program in 2003, web publishers heralded it as a monetization revolution. Today Google Adsense offers a powerful, proven way to increase your earnings.
To start using Adsense, you simply enrol and you must have a launched website with a valid website address that meets Google acceptable guidelines, and you must also have a valid name and address to receive payments.
Adsense operates on a “Pay per click” model. Google pays you every time a visitor clicks on one of the Adsense links. Each links translate into pennies or dollars a day for you. The more clicks, the more money for you.
However, using Adsense, is not completely effortless, as you will still have to maintain a site, fill it with content people find interesting, generate traffic and enrol with Google.
Follows the following steps to get started
- Sign up for a Google Adsense account at adsense.google.com
- Place the html code that Google supplies into the coding for your website. This allows Adsense to feed relevant ads to your site
- Monitor clicks with the software Google supplies. Pay per click advertising is one of the best ways to generate traffic to your website
- Tweak and refine content and keywords to get ads that are as targeted and relevant as possible. This increases the likelihood of visitors to your site clicking on the ads. Keywords are expression of intention. They indicate the nature of the problem users are trying to solve
- Drive targeted traffic to your website. Keep your content to one main topic per page, and always add more content related to the primary keyword phrase.
- Review your content and keywords periodically to improve the quality of your traffic so that you can make more money
- Receive commission checks from Google.